Since working for Scandals it astonishes me that we get so many people walk through our doors that have never tried a sex toy, let alone know what they do or how to use them. So, as of August I've decided to create a little "in the know" list of some commonly sold sex toys and their features.
- Cylindrical: Some vibrators are designed to look like a large penis, however your more basic vibrator is a smooth cylinder and can be made from numerous materials, the trick with these simple vibrators is; the softer the material, the quieter the buzz. Here's my favourite cylindrical vibrator from Scandals - Pure Aluminium
- Dual Vibrators: These are designed for dual stimulation of the vagina and the clitoris. Rabbits are a dual vibrator popular dual vibrator due to their penis like shaft and added bonus of twin clitoral ticklers. My personal favourite dual vibrator from Scandals is - The Scandals Rabbit
- G-Spot Vibrators: These vibrators come in a slim curved shape, kind of like a banana. This curve is designed to stimulate the G-spot, located on the front wall of the vagina. Males can also enjoy these vibrators as the curvature is perfect for prostate stimulation. My favourite G/P-spot vibe is from Scandals is - Ravish Vibrator
- Massagers: These bad boys are my all time favourite vibrators. Also known as "Wands" these vibrators were originally designed for aches and pains until some wonderfully creative soul popped one downstairs, and, voila a new sex toy was born. These vibrators are for external use only, however a variety of attachments exist that come with insertable features to deliver super powerful vibration internally. My favourite wand from Scandals is - Doxy
Strap-Ons and Dildos
- Dildos: Dildos are motorless sex toys designed for penetration. Much like vibrators, they come in a variety of shapes, sizes and materials. Dildos range from the ultra lifelike to an inconspicuous cylinder. Dildos are a basic staple for anyone who enjoys penetrative play. My favourite dildo from Scandals is - Easy Toys realistic 7inch dlido
- Strap-On Dildos: Dildo harnesses are typically made from leather, PVC or elastic and sit around the hips holding the dildo in place against the pubic bone. Strap-ons allow anyone to penetrate. Strap ons also come in vibrating and hollow variants to suit every desire. My favourite Strap-on from Scandals is - Vac-U-Lock Dual Density Silicone Truskyn Colours Set
- Double dildos: Packing a length of twice the size of a normal dildo, these double dildos can be used alone or with a partner. When playing with a partner and double ended dildos, co-ordination is the key to success. My favourite double ended dildo from Scandals is - Twelve Double Dong.
Other Toy Box delights
- Cock rings: These little rings are small yet mighty! Cock rings slip over the penis and sit at the base, acting as a stopper to keep all of the blood located exactly where you need is most. Cock rings can provide longer lasting, more powerful erections and delay ejaculation. My favourite cock ring from Scandals has to be - The Scandals Rabbit Cock Ring
- Butt Plugs: Butt plugs are shorter versions of a dildo, specifically designed for anal use. Butt plugs have a flared base to ensure the little devils don't go on any unwanted adventures. Butt plugs stimulate the sensitive nerve endings of the anus, and in men, can stimulate the prostate. Id recommend beginner to start off small and simple. My favourite butt plug from Scandals is - Small metal silver butt plug with gem
- Anal Beads: Anal beads are graduating plastic, silicone, jelly or rubber balls which are held in place by a string or cord. They come in a variety of sizes from marble sized to large orange sized. Its probably best to start small at first though. We have been loving these beads here at Scandals - B-Vibe Triple Anal Beads
Well, now you're all clued up on the basic types of toys why not try some for yourself? Sexploration begins at Scandals and ends at home.